Installing Your HughesNet System
All HughesNet orders include standard installation by a certified installer. Once you've ordered your satellite Internet service, your HughesNet installer will call and schedule an appointment that's convenient for you. The installer brings all necessary equipment - a satellite antenna and HN9000 modem - and, once installed, activates your modem and helps you register at myHughesNet.com.
- Installer mounts dish to an approved structure at least 5 feet off the ground as required by FCC regulations, using HUGHES standard roof and/or wall mounting brackets
- Installer then installs a coaxial cable jack in the room where the HughesNet System will be located, and routes two exterior RG-6 coaxial cables from the dish to the coaxial cable jack. HughesNet also provides and installs the hardware required to properly ground your HughesNet System.
- And lastly, the installer will verify receipt of the satellite signal and commission your HughesNet account.
What's NOT Included in Your HughesNet Installation
- Custom work, including moldings or cosmetic hardware to hide cables, and non-penetrating roof, pole or chimney mounts (Be sure to discuss complex installations with your installer prior to work beginning)
- Removal or repair of previously mounted equipment (this work may be performed with a signed Waiver of Liability)
- Mounting to a roof structure that exceeds one story in height